CASA CIS is looking for full and part time Advocate Supervisors. College degree or equivalent required. Experience in volunteer supervision and child advocacy preferred.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Title: Advocate Supervisor
Employment Status: Full-time, Salaried
Reports to: Program Director
Supervises: Court Appointed Special Advocates
Provides staff support to Advocates ensuring that children involved with the CASA program receive sound advocacy and early permanency planning. The Advocacy Supervisor is responsible for assistance in Advocate recruitment, training, supervision, coordination of cases and maintenance of the case records in the case management database (CASA Manager). The Advocacy Supervisor also provides mentoring to Advocates and Peer Mentors.
Must be able to work independently and as a team with a wide variety of professionals; must have excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and be extremely detail-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the recruiting, screening, interviewing and training of new Advocates
- Have the ability to communicate with, supervise and empower Advocates to be effective in their roles
- Mentor and support up to 30 Advocates throughout the course of their cases
- Have the ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities
- Keep the Program Director apprised of status of cases
- Participate in Advocate evaluations
- Assist in Advocate appreciation events
- Provide continuing support and monitor status of Advocate activity
- Assist with in-service training
- Commitment to CASA’s Mission and Core Values.
- Case Management:
- Prepare and distribute assignment documentation, review and distribute court reports
- Maintain case files and case database
- Attend court hearings and track court dates
- Ensure case files and reports to court are accurate and timely
- Oversee timely handling of necessary paperwork and judicial contacts for CASA appointments and withdrawals
- Ensure adequate case coverage during absence of Advocate or during process of case reassignment
- Ensure confidentiality with respect to court cases and involved parties
- Maintain and provide data on cases as required in CASA Manager the case management data base systemOutreach:
- Promote awareness of CASA program in the community
- Assist with fundraising activities as needed
- Participate in public relations/community education efforts of program asassigned by the Program Director
- Represent CASA CIS in multi-agency organizations efforts
- Keep current on all matters related to Child Advocacy and LegislationKnowledge and Skills Required:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- Prior volunteer supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the CASA program, child advocacy, abuse, and court and social services systems strongly preferredNote: This job description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive.
Every day, children are being abused, neglected or abandoned by the people who are supposed to love, care for and protect them.
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Children’s Intervention Services (CIS) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advocating for child victims living in Prince William, Fauquier, Warren, and Rappahhanock Counties and the cities of Manassas and Manassas. By advocating for abused and neglected children, our volunteers (called CASAs) give children a voice and a chance for a better life.